Public Affairs Update………………..……………………………………..August 30, 2017
- Mortgage Deduction Possibility Causes Uncertainty
- What’s Really Driving the Real Estate Market?
- All Signs Point Toward…Housing and Economic Impacts
- Pizza & Public Affairs Wednesday September 6, 2017 Noon to 1:00pm at BARA
- In Case You Missed It
In December 2016, then incoming Treasury Secretary Mnuchin boldly stated the Trump administration would employ the “largest tax change since Reagan.” However, that change could come with significant adjustments to the mortgage interest deduction, something that sparks mixed emotions across the country. » READ MORE [Source: DSNews.com 08-24-2017]
According to Robert Shiller, the housing market could falter if the mortgage interest deduction is reformed. See what else he had to say in the Video Spotlight. » READ MORE [Source: DSNews.com 08-25-2017]
All Signs Point Toward...Housing and Economic Impacts
Pizza & Public Affairs Wednesday September 6, 2017 Noon to 1:00pm at BARA
Andrea Meneghel, Director of Public Affairs, Boulder Chamber
What He Will Present:
Andrea will present a review of local ballot issues going to voters this November. New taxes, renewing taxes, municipalization, Charter changes, plus Boulder County Worthy Cause tax extension, sheriff term limits and broadband.
As the ballots firm up we’ll provide more information about the September 6 kick off to the 2017-2018 Pizza & Public Affairs agenda.
Note: The October Pizza & Public Affairs will be held on Wednesday October 18, 2017 to accommodate our speaker’s schedule.
Topic: proposed change to boulder’s Accessory Dwelling Unit regulations
In Case You Missed It
- Boulder eyes 'menu' of benefits developers can trade for extra building height
- Boulder aims to start construction at ex-BCH site in 2019