Public Affairs Update………………………………………………..………March 27, 2019
- NAR Testifies on Flood Insurance
- NAR Sends Coalition Letter to FHFA in Support of GSE Reform
- NAR Hosts Housing Industry Meeting
- Pizza & Public Affairs Wednesday April 3, 2019 Noon to 1:00pm at Bara
- In Case You Missed It
NAR Testifies on Flood Insurance
On March 13, 2019, NAR testified before the House Financial Services Committee on draft legislation to reauthorize and reform the National Flood Insurance Program.
- Supports a long-term reauthorization and also underscores the urgent need for reform;
- Supports many of the mapping and mitigation reform provisions in the draft legislation; and
- Urges Committee members to work together and build on these provisions including to open the door to a more robust private market for flood insurance.
Watch the hearing and/or review the legislation
[Source: NAR Update 03-22-2019]
NAR Sends Coalition Letter to FHFA in Support of GSE Reforms
NAR, along with 27 other industry groups, recently sent a letter to Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) Acting Director Otting outlining administrative reforms to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac that prioritize preserving access and affordability in the mortgage market. The letter was developed after months of collaboration on essential principles that maintain and enhance the stability and liquidity of the housing finance system based on the potential impact on borrowers, taxpayers, and market structure dynamics. On February 7, NAR debuted a new vision explaining a path forward to promote a reliable and affordable source of mortgage capital for American consumers. Read more… [Source: NAR Update 03-18-2019]
NAR Hosts Housing Industry Meeting
On Friday, March 8, NAR’s President, John Smaby, NAR's CEO, Bob Goldberg, and other NAR senior staff met with leaders of the National Association of Homebuilders, the Mortgage Bankers Association, and the American Bankers Association to discuss hot button housing policy issues. The group shared its efforts to promote homeownership and discussed ways our associations can work together to advance improvements to housing finance and tax laws in our country. Important issues include GSE reform, National Flood Insurance Program reauthorization, data security improvements, investment in infrastructure and tax incentives for homeownership. The group plans to meet quarterly to collaborate on our collective issues. [Source: NAR Update 03-15-2019]
Pizza & Public Affairs Wednesday April 3, 2019 Noon to 1:00pm at BARA
Guest Speaker: Dr. Rob Anderson, Superintendant, BVSD
Dr. Anderson will provide a comprehensive overview of the “State of the Boulder Valley School District.”
The presentation will include:
- Major initiatives for this year and the future.
- BVSD programs to meet the educational needs of our students, educator issues and support, and engagement of District families.
- Recent progressive learning activities and programs within BVSD and how building design, architecture, student led learning, etc. contribute to enhanced learning experiences and education quality.
Don’t miss this information packed conversation the BVSD Superintendant and be ready to share the latest with your clients and customers…
In Case You Missed It
- Accessory Dwelling Academy
- Boulder County to present staff suggestions for Transportation Master Plan updates
- Boulder County commissioners affirm right to review Gross Reservoir expansion plans
- No online petitions in Boulder elections until at least 2020